Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Big things by the road

The coolest thing I saw today was what appeared to be a gigantic propeller blade being transported by a semi truck. I couldn't get a photo quickly enough since it was headed the other way, but it was unquestionably the largest propeller blade I've ever seen -- at least 50 feet long, to be conservative. In retrospect, this could not actually be a propeller blade for any known boat, turbine, or wind tower, since 50 feet is way too big (even for aircraft carriers -- I checked). What the heck was that thing??


Moving on to recognizable things, I did see a few functioning wind towers along the way. I like wind towers :)


Here's a happy water tower. I wonder if they paint it sad when it runs out.


There was an aerospace museum nearby. They probably ran out of room for this plane and just threw on the side of the road like this.

No comments: